Keeping warm

The arrival of winter usually generates quite a few animated discussions in our house about whether or not the heating needs to be on and, if so, how low can it reasonably be. Keith is the 'nesh' one here and likes the heating to be on as much as possible. I, on the other hand, am protected at times by 'my own personal central heating' (ladies, you will know what I mean) and tend to turn it down whenever I can. If Keith is out, I don't have it on at all  but these days are different. Sub-zero temperatures mean that even I need some heating some of the time, so I have been putting on the living room fire when necessary.
Just one problem with this.

















As you can see, Paddy is convinced that the fire is on purely for his benefit!

7 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Possible word balloons emerging from Paddy's muzzle -
"Fancy a hot dog?"
"Heard of guard dogs? Well I'm a canine fireguard"
"If you can't stand the heat Jenny, get into the kitchen!"
"Keith! Go and fetch me some dog biscuits!"

Jennytc said...

Ot possibly, "I'm such a wimp, I just can't stand the cold like ordinary dogs!"

Shooting Parrots said...

I think Paddy's look is asking if you'd kindly move the rug closer to the fire so he can bask a while in comfort.

Anonymous said...

I don't blame Paddy for wanting to hog that prime spot!
I sometimes wish that I could hibernate in weather like this. Flighty xx

Jennytc said...

We don't have a rug, SP but he would probably like his bed in front of the fire.
Flighty, hibernation sounds just great to me this weather!

Rosie said...

I like the way Paddy is standing in front of the fire definitely the best place to be.
I've used the word 'nesh' to describe myself at work and they look at me as if I am talking a foreign language. Being a Midlander we used it all the time to describe someone who feels the cold. But the folk from the South East don't seem to have heard of it.

Jennytc said...

I spent my first six years in Crewe and that's where I got it from, Rosie.

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...