And the weather this winter....?

There was a short clip about this weather forecasting site on the radio this morning. Apparently, this is a forecasting service which gets it right  when all the others get it wrong, which is a bit of a disappointment really, because it seems that we are in for another hard winter, particularly in February, although at least by then we will be able to look forward to spring.
After last winter, I rather thought we might deserve a milder one this year, but I suppose it doesn't really work like that. Mind you, there is a degree of satisfaction in pitting oneself against the challenges of the snow and ice, but it is an occupation which soon palls, especially when the crisp white snow turns to grey sludge and, however much I try to view the winter months positively, I don't easily succeed. I was born in the summer and my favourite time of year is late spring, when there is warmth in the air and a promise of hot, sunny days. Well, that's the theory, anyway.
Still, when all is said and done, we have to deal with whatever comes but, this time, we could do without the snow.
Watch this space...

5 comments:

Daphne said...

I too was born in the summer and my favourite time too is late Spring - lovely, and with all the Summer to come! The two of us may not be a statistically significant sample - - but by heck, we're RIGHT!

Jennytc said...

You bet we are, Daphne! :)

Yorkshire Pudding said...

"we have to deal with whatever comes"... No we don't Jenny! You must have money saved from your vast teacher's pension. So fly south for part of the winter... India, South Africa even Florida or Tristan da Cunha. Lounging on a beach sipping your umpteenth "Sex on the Beach" you could smile about the freezing slush and grey skies of Wrexham.

Anonymous said...

I don't like our snow which all too quickly turns to gray slush. Providing it's okay well into the New Year then if it does turn really wintry I feel that it's not so bad as spring isn't then so far away. We'll see, and fingers crossed! Flighty xx

Jennytc said...

YP, I don't do cocktails and I couldn't do my counselling away from here and...vast teacher's pension???
We will indeed, Flighty. :)

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...