A lazy day


This was the day I was going to:
  • Do the supermarket shopping for the items I forgot to get yesterday
  • Go  to the bank and building society.
  • Take Paddy for a walk.
  • Hopefully catch my friend at home so that I could deliver her birthday present which is now over a month overdue.
  • Bath Paddy.
  • Do the hoovering, dusting and clean the bathroom.
  • Do the ironing.
So, what I actually did was:
  • Go to the suppermarket for the items I forgot to get yesterday.
  • Go to the bank and building society.
  • Take Paddy for a walk.
  • Do the ironing.
This was because:
Friend wasn't in yet again
And ...
When I got home from town, Keith was already settled in front of the television, engrossed in yet another horrible war programme.  (That 'Yesterday' channel has a lot to answer for!) Normally when he is watching something deadly (nearly always), I catch up with a few Radio 4 podcasts on my Ipod or listen to some music and read or go and do some housework, but today, I put on my laptop, stuck on my earphones to listen to some music and began my usual websurfing, only this time it turned into a bit of a marathon session, as I decided to visit some of the links on the blogs of my blogroll -  friends of friends, as you might say. It's amazing how time flies when you do that; rather like penetrating deeper and deeper into a maze, but very interesting and a great way to find more blogs to visit regularly.
Of course, there are two slight problems with that:
  • It will now take me a little longer to do the rounds of my fellow bloggers each day.
  • I still haven't done any of the cleaning.
Oh well, tomorrow is another day...
with another list.

3 comments:

Daphne said...

So you had a good day and Paddy's was even better because he didn't have a bath. Win win situation!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

When I grew up there was a Welsh woman living at the little sweet shop in our village. She was well-known for keeping a disorderly house in which cleaning was low down her list of priorities. My mother had known several other Welsh women during the second world war and had developed a not uncommon belief that Welsh women are not exactly house proud. Judging from your post that characteristic may be infectious.

Jennytc said...

You are probably right, Daphne, especially where Paddy is concerned. :)
YP - 2 points:
1) I am not actually Welsh.
2) Any more character assassinations like that and I send the heavy mob round! Geddit!!

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...