"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Monday, February 15, 2010

Euro Millions

I made sure Keith had bought a lottery ticket for the Euro Lottery as it was a rollover week.
The news came through that a couple from Britain were sharing the prize with someone in Spain.
"Looking good," I thought, as I heard the news on BBC World Service sometime during the early hours of Sunday morning. I contemplated waking Keith up to check his computer and see if it was us, but decided against it. The surprise would be all the more pleasant after a decent night's sleep.
"Check all your email accounts," I said yesterday. "Are you sure there's no email?"
Today, there was a couple being interviewed on the news about their fantastic £56,000,000 win.
It wasn't us.
You know what? I was REALLY disappointed!

2 comments:

  1. Never mind, you have got Keith and darling Paddy and all your memories and this is surely worth more than £56 million - well more than £5,600. More than £56?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails