Driving


Why, oh why is it that whenever a car is trying to force its way up your exhaust pipe, the chances are overwhelmingly that it's a BMW? What happens to ordinary human beings when they seat themselves behind the wheel of a BMW? Is a BMW driver a normal, happy little soul who is transformed into a rampaging bundle of road rage and fury by virtue of turning the key in the ignition or is it just that rampaging bundles of road rage and fury are the only people who drive BMWs as their car of choice? Does a BMW play a subliminal message to the driver?
"The road really does belong to you. No-one, but no-one has a right to be in front of you, my friend."
I met my usual quota of BMW road hogs on Friday when I drove down to Bristol. However, lest you should suspect that I am in danger of becoming slightly biased against BMW drivers, this weekend's 'Pig of the Road' award goes to a female driver of a dark blue Renault Clio in the environs of Bristol.
Yes, you dear.
Congratulations on:
a)  pulling out of a side road right in front of me
b) rummaging in your handbag whilst chatting to your passenger at the lights
c) deciding to drive through the red light as you hadn't noticed it turn green in time due to b)
d) weaving a clever pattern up the road as you zipped cleverly from one lane to the other and then back again.
Hope I don't meet up with you again!

4 comments:

daffy said...

Hi Jenny, I find there is nothing more annoying and worrying than drivers doing anything and everything other than concentrating on the road! (I find usually it's women drivers... that's the truth in my case!) I have more trouble with white transit vans than I do BMW's... they always seem to try and 'push' me... I won't be pushed! hehe
Thinking of Jenny, hope you are ok...

BMW Man said...

I drive a BMW,. Just this morning I had to get over to the other side of my city pretty sharpish but found myself thwarted by a middle-aged woman in a Toyota Yaris. The stupid old biddy was driving bang on the speed limit so I snuggled up tight behind her and when she looked in her mirror she almost visibly jumped and put her foot down to around 35mph but I always like to do 40 in 30 zones so I got in tighter and honked the basket-weaving grannie. Fortunately, this made her pull over to the side of the road. I gave her two fingers as I I sped by. Honestly, they shouldn't let them out on the roads! As a BMW owner I demand respect for what I have achieved in life.

Snowbabies said...

BMW, Audi and Merc drivers are all the same, the other day one flew off the roundabout and up me arse!! As he tried to control his car from hitting mine, I decided to press the break peddle, put it this way he was not impressed, but to be honest neither was I, when we got to the dual carriage way, he decided he would pull along side of me and stare me out!! MUPPET!!

Debbie

Jennytc said...

Brake pedal always works well for me, Debbie when I have someone in my boot!
BMW Man (alias YP)- please, please tell me you don't drive a BMW!!
Daffy, yes, I'm sorry to have to admit it but it is often women doing stupid things whilst driving. I'm not too bad, thanks. :)

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...