"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Friday, October 24, 2008

Walking some more

There was a prescription for Keith waiting at the chemist so off I went yesterday morning, braving the gale force winds, uphill all the way, to walk the two and a half (or maybe three) miles to Coed Poeth where the chemist's shop is.
"I walked to Coed Poeth this morning," I said to Keith later.
"You didn't! You're joking!What on earth did you do that for?" was the reply.
Not really what I was looking for. "Thank you for getting my prescription," would have been more the sort of reaction I was seeking.
"Oh yes, thank you for getting my prescription," he said meekly.
(Anyway it must have been at least half a stone's worth of walking - at least.)


4 comments:

  1. Assume you walked back again too so that would be a very impressive 5 miles. Wooohoooo for you.

    I walk 2.5 miles every day here in the park AND have been eating very carefully (that doesn't mean making sure the ribs and fried chicken juices don't mess my t-shirts !!) so I was a bit upset that at my weigh-in this morning, I only lost 1.5 lbs.

    Maybe I need to stop supersizing my cheesecake portions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did walk back again, Ian but given your experience in the weight loss area, it looks like I'll need to do it a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend Geoff walks 15 miles to my house sometimes. I used to think he was bonkers, but I've now got used to the idea. He always has a laptop in his back pack too, but takes the train home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should think he needs the train home after that walk, Ellee! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails