"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Friday, September 05, 2008

Targets to meet

Before the decision to look at moving to France, I had decided to defer my MA with Chester till next year. This was partly because it's a big financial undertaking and also because I wanted to concentrate on getting my 450 client hours in order to apply for accreditation with BACP (which I would nearly have done by now if all my clients kept their appointments, but that's another story!) In addition, there was a CBT certificate I wanted to do plus a couple of short courses - Mental Health and an introduction to Existential Counselling. For various reasons, not within my control, I am now able to do none of these and so I have been feeling a bit at a loose end, study-wise. Four years of courses and you begin to get withdrawal symptoms when that comes to an end. There is also the thought that undertaking a twelve month commitment may not be the best idea if a miracle happens and we do manage to sell the house and move on during that time.
So, I have now taken delivery of two distance learning diploma courses courtesy of OCN (Open College Network) which will occupy my brain for the next year. And now I feel much more focused and positive. Strange, I know; I am an anorak - it's official! But a contented one.


5 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I did courses for many years one after another. I became a coursaholic. Good luck with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rosie. They do tend to be a bit addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I appear to be having the opposite of you. Since finishing I have LOVED not having courses to attend ! However, I now fear my 'temporary' departure may become longer than anticipated as I love the freedom too much !!!! Perhaps one day I, too, will do another course - but I'm gonna make it as radically different to counselling as I can get......anyone for Chinese hip-hop synchronised swimming ??? ;-)
    CraigyBaby !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just make sure you finish your portfolio though, Craig. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nag, nag, nag, nag, nag, nag - yes Mum ! ;-) CraigyBaby !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails