Targets to meet

Before the decision to look at moving to France, I had decided to defer my MA with Chester till next year. This was partly because it's a big financial undertaking and also because I wanted to concentrate on getting my 450 client hours in order to apply for accreditation with BACP (which I would nearly have done by now if all my clients kept their appointments, but that's another story!) In addition, there was a CBT certificate I wanted to do plus a couple of short courses - Mental Health and an introduction to Existential Counselling. For various reasons, not within my control, I am now able to do none of these and so I have been feeling a bit at a loose end, study-wise. Four years of courses and you begin to get withdrawal symptoms when that comes to an end. There is also the thought that undertaking a twelve month commitment may not be the best idea if a miracle happens and we do manage to sell the house and move on during that time.
So, I have now taken delivery of two distance learning diploma courses courtesy of OCN (Open College Network) which will occupy my brain for the next year. And now I feel much more focused and positive. Strange, I know; I am an anorak - it's official! But a contented one.


5 comments:

Rosie said...

I know how you feel. I did courses for many years one after another. I became a coursaholic. Good luck with them.

Jennytc said...

Thanks, Rosie. They do tend to be a bit addictive!

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I appear to be having the opposite of you. Since finishing I have LOVED not having courses to attend ! However, I now fear my 'temporary' departure may become longer than anticipated as I love the freedom too much !!!! Perhaps one day I, too, will do another course - but I'm gonna make it as radically different to counselling as I can get......anyone for Chinese hip-hop synchronised swimming ??? ;-)
CraigyBaby !

Jennytc said...

Just make sure you finish your portfolio though, Craig. :)

Anonymous said...

Nag, nag, nag, nag, nag, nag - yes Mum ! ;-) CraigyBaby !

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...