"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Car boot sales

Sunday and yesterday were busy. I persuaded Keith that it would be a good idea to sell some of the stock from the shop at a car boot sale, and after he got tired of being nagged, he agreed, so off we set at some unearthly hour to a large local sale. What amazed me was the number of eastern European people around. At one point, I couldn't hear anyone speaking English within earshot. The people on the next pitch to us obviously had Welsh as their first language, the rest were - well, Polish and maybe other eastern European nationalities, but all were polite and courteous and spoke at least some English.
What amazed Keith was that I allowed him to have a bacon, egg and sausage bap - at least on Sunday. When we went back on Monday, I had it all organised, and had made nice, healthy salad sandwiches. Well, no point spending the profits!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails