"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Saturday, July 05, 2008

Snails and cows



Just thought I'd post this while waiting for Keith to emerge from his shower. Yesterday, we stopped for a quick break in the mountains and I found a snail - a real French edible-type snail. Not that I tried it, mind you. I took the photo and removed it to a place of safety. Lifelong member of the Snail Conservation Society, that's me.

A few moment before, we had squeezed the Range Rover through a ribbon-like route, only to come face to rear with a herd of cows being trundled along the lane to a nearby field.



7 comments:

  1. LOL! I remember when they used to use dogs to do that, not tractors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought those on the Tour De France were bikers !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turn my back for five minutes - well, a week, and suddenly you're in France! Emily and Gareth's baby Giant African Land Snails came with us to Tenby on holiday, where they acquired a bigger tank (because they grow HUGE) and two more friends to share it with. I think the number of people who take snails on holiday with them is probably low.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think 'low' is being optimistic, Daffy. If you discount the French, who probably take snails on holiday only as a snack to have on the journey, then I'd have to think you lot are probably.......well unique.

    What a story to tell their little friends though as a trip to Tenby and back must've seemed like a journey to Alfa Romeo (or whatever the nearest star is) to a human.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So do I, Jay. :)
    Lol, Ian.
    Daphne, I think you could be right. In fact, you could be unique! I suppose I could have brought my snail back home but he might have had to have a pet passport. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A snail once had a large letter "S" painted on his automobile.
    When asked why, he said, "Now when I travel, people point to me and say 'Cor! Look at that S car go!'"

    Right then. I'd better find something to do. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails