"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Sunday, May 25, 2008

Back home

When I set off from Bristol this morning, the weather, in true bank holiday style was wet, wet and more wet, which got a bit boring after a while so, a few miles from Spaghetti Junction, I was interested to see a sign on the overhead gantry proclaiming to all and sundry that it would be wise to slow down as there were 'animals at large.'
"Aha!" I thought, "This should brighten up a dull journey," and I began to wonder what sort of animals I was about to see. Giraffes? Elephants? The odd rhinoceros? Well, I have been reading 'The Life of Pi' recently, hence the fact that my thoughts turned immediately to zoo animals rather than farm or domestic ones.
Disappointment! Apart from a Canada goose legging it smartly along the hard shoulder, nothing else was in sight. How typical - arriving when the show's over!
Mind you, later on, I did see a whole lot of lemmings hurtling back home from the car boot sale at Chirk but it was a poor substitute, especially as the resulting queue on my route was so long I felt I was losing the will to live.
Still, I arrived home safe and sound, just in time for Formula 1 on telly! So glad I didn't miss that.....(not!)



2 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Oh my Lord! Your new blog design is amazing! It seems so... well... professional! I am currently not reading anything you have written - just marvelling at the design!
P.S. I have already passed your condolences on to Shirley - thank you!
P.P.S. Bet you were delighted taht Hamilton won the Grand Prix!

Jennyta said...

Thanks, YP. It's nice to bask in unbridled admiration! Of course, I was absolutely thrilled to bits about Hamilton. (Who?)
Make sure you give Shirley lots of TLC now, as I know you will. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails