Flirting - the new health treatment

On my morning trawl through the internet, I have just come across an article on flirting.
Did you know that there are 52 ways of doing it, of which the most widely used is what they call the 'hair flip'. I will take suggestions as to what the other 51 are, but remember, this is a family show, folks!
Whatever the other 51 are, feel free to indulge because flirting is actually good for you. It increases your blood cell count and therefore boosts your immunity and makes you more healthy. Could there be any better reason?
Not enough time in the day? No worries, folks, you can do it in the car on the way to work. 62% of people bat eyelids and flip their hair at someone in a different vehicle on their journey. Personally I have a problem with this. On my journeys to work, it used to be more about planning a painful death for the idiot in front who had just cut me up. Was I unlucky perhaps?
However, if the journey to work doesn't provide adequate opportunities, get online and get flirting via email or instant messenger or grab your phone and start texting. (See, there's always a way.) But if you're female, beware, as it appears that men often mistake friendly overtures for flirting. (You know the score - men are from Mars etc...)
And finally, when you are doing all this flirting, take comfort from the fact that you are not alone.
Birds, animals and reptiles do it too. OK so can someone tell me how a snake bats its eyelids and flicks its hair?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I discovered this to be true about four years ago when I first developed raging JDOCD. It's all part of the Depp Effect, you know. You flirt, therefore you feel better, therefore you make the effort to smarten up so you can flirt more effectively, therefore you feel better and look younger.

I've been flirting ever since. One magnificent success being at the Al Porto restaurant in Vancouver, where a quite delicious young waiter kept me entertained all evening. OH was quite entertained too, watching it all unfold!

Hm. Maybe I'll blog about that one day.

Jennytc said...

Oh do, please, Jay! :)

Silverback said...

As for the snake, Jenny, maybe it's idea of flirting is simply to go rigid !!

More like 'advanced' flirting I'd say although not very subtle.

Ian

Daphne said...

Our snake, a Corn Snake, lives on his own. Sometimes the front half going one way passes the back half going the other way as he travels up and down the tank: he often thinks that this is another snake and I'm sure I've heard a quiet wolf-whistle from time to time.
(Okay, Ian's was more succinct. And funnier. Damn.)

Jennytc said...

Hmm, straight and to the point, Ian, if I may say so. ;)

Daphne, it sounds like a variation on meeting yourself coming back. Poor snake, he must be so disappointed each time his expectations are raised! :)

©gloop said...

No doubts bats find batting their eyelids an absolute doddle.

Ellee Seymour said...

I wish I could flirt, but I'm far too shy.

Dale said...

I wish I could flirt, but I'm afraid I haven't any hair. No flippin' hair to flip!

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...