"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cake and Gosford Park

We were watching Gosford Park on Film 4.
"It must have been such a strange life," I commented, "Your every whim catered for, everyone running round after you, not the smallest thing to worry about - if you were well off, of course."
"A bit like me, you mean?" Keith volunteered.
"Exactly," I said, "You have me to look after your every whim. I reckon I do pretty well, too. At least 9 out of 10. There's just the occasional cake hiatus..."
Keith leaned forward.
"Is that something to do with cake I already ate?" he enquired.
"Possibly," I said.


3 comments:

Iatros said...

Nope, sorry just don't get that....

Jennyta said...

Something to do with 'hiatus' - 'ate us' !!!

Iatros said...

I always said you both had a very dubious sense of humour....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails