"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lunch in Tywyn

Keith wants us to go here today, 'here' being a little place called Tywyn over in west Wales. It's not a particularly unusual place, except for one of its restaurants, the Proper Gander, which does amazing Sunday lunches, and probably amazing meals throughout the week as well. I once made the mistake of refusing a full three course lunch and was immediately harangued (in a very nice way, you understand) by the proprietor who stood over me until I was won over and agreed to comply.
Keith has obviously forgotten that he is supposed to be on a diet!


2 comments:

Arthur Clewley said...

hi jenny, if tywyn is the place where every year a bunch of people race a steam train up the valley then I think I recall visiting there once. A beautiful part of the world, that bit of wales

Jennyta said...

Yes, Arthur, Fairbourne is where the railway is. It is a lovely area.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails