"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Friday, July 27, 2007

New Beginnings

I went into my new school yesterday to unload the crateloads of stuff I had brought from my old one. Most of the staff were there and had been all week. I hope this isn't a school of workaholics! Been there, done that, don't want to do it again. That's why I stepped down from being deputy head a few years ago, because there are more important things in life than work and I wanted to reclaim a large part of mine. However, this contract is until December, so I guess I can cope till then!
My diploma course will end on Sunday and I have all my coursework and portfolio finished (unless I am told I have to re-do anything) so, another ending but new horizons. In the next few months, I shall be able to start counselling as a qualified counsellor. Any volunteers?

8 comments:

Lucid said...

You could maybe try for a job on the 'Harry Potter' help line :)

Jennyta said...

You are not suggesting, surely, that Harry Potter fans are in need of counselling? (clue - I have just bought the latest book to read on holiday.)

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I would volunteer for counselling but for two things:-
a) I am the sanest person in the land.
b) When lying on your couch I would feel vulnerable to unprofessional counselling techniques such as molestation.

Jennyta said...

In your dreams, YP! Anyway, you're thinking of psychoanalysis, not counselling - much more expensive. My rates, however, will be very reasonable and I am prepared to work with people from over the border. :)

Dale said...

My son! Oh Jenny, I'd love you to counsel that boy! Is there an additional fee for trans-Atlantic sessions? Do you offer advice for those who already know everything?

Jennyta said...

Send him over, Dale! But knowing everything already is an inbuilt condition of the young, I'm afraid.

Lucid said...

I might've been. Why do you feel like you need someone to talk to about the books you read? :)

Actually I was thinking of some news reports I heard that expressed concern about younger readers being upset by the deaths of certain characters & there was some talk of helplines.

Jennyta said...

Lucid, I don't feel the least need to talk about the books I read except to one particular friend who tells me he has now given up reading. Maybe there's a link there somewhere. Your turn of phrase seems familiar to me - do I know you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails