"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Monday, April 09, 2007

A short break

I am down in Bristol for a few days visiting Dad and catching up with some of his housework. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Keith is looking after things, including the lovely new carpet and laminate (I hope!). This evening we were on Instant Messenger and I asked him if there was any food he desperately needed me to shop for on my way home tomorrow. The answer was predictable...
"CAKE!!!"
And yes, it was in red capitals.

4 comments:

  1. Whereas Keith seems to have an unhealthy fondness for cakes, you seem to be something of a closet tapisophile (lover of carpets). When do we get to see a picture of your new floor covering and what dramas ensued when Keith a) dismantled mission control and b) attempted to reassemble it after the fitters had been?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back, YP. All will be revealed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it was me it would be biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slightly less calories than cake, probably, Flighty. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails