One of those days

Set off for work at the usual time, got round the corner at the end of the road and, hey presto, the exhaust was suddenly dragging along the ground behind me. So I parked sensibly, rnge Keith and waited for him to come and rescue me on his great white charger (blue Range Rover) and drive me to school, which he duly did.
By mid morning, my car had a large dent in the driver's door, caused by someone in the house opposite reversing into it at a rate of knots, also in a hurry to get to work.
Some days, you wonder why you bother....:(

4 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Some days you wonder why you bother teaching snotty-nosed kids with special needs like ADHD and Oppositional Behaviour Syndrome. At least the neighbour has been identified.. Some people just drive away.

Jennytc said...

Oh dear, YP you sound very fed up today.

Arthur Clewley said...

I lost an exhaust once. The AA man came, removed the wreckage and I drove 30 miles with my exhaust on the back seat and my car sounding like a lamborghini. Can I have Keith's mobile for when it happens again, he sounds very helpful.

fear not YP, I have signed up to your evening class to bring joy to your life!

Jennytc said...

I'm afraid Keith's sevices are available exclusively to me, Arthur. :)

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...