"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Tuesday, October 03, 2006

T-i-e spells what???


We were doing a spelling activity this morning, unscrambling jumbled up letters to spell a word. Great fun with the interactive whiteboard! Three letters, t-i-e were causing one of the boys a little trouble so I gave him a clue.

"It begins with t."

Still no lightbulb moment so I tried again.

"It's something that men wear," I said.

Immediately another little voice piped up, "Underpants!"

A touch of divergent thinking perhaps?

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you taught sixth form jenny. some people made a whole career out of that stuff you know- you could be a kind of welsh gervais phinn. interesting that was the first item of male apparel that youngster thought of though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More like a Welsh Ricky Gervais ha ha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Arthur. The trouble is I never remember most of the amusing incidents. Maybe I should keep a diary!
    Craig, like I said - you're dead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most Canadian schoolchildren would manage T-i-e...but not for the necktie, instead for the "rock 'em - sock 'em" bad boy of Canadian hockey Tie Domi.

    Neckties are so old fashioned and becoming very scarce, sad to say - especially this side of the Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's interesting, Sue but ties are still often worn over here. Anyway, it was a spelling lesson, so no excuse! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails