Teaching and counselling?

Full time teaching, the second year of my counselling diploma and the 95 hours remaining of my 100 hours counselling placement loom large on the horizon.
It's the last week of the summer holidays - not that you would immediately be aware that it is summer if you were to judge from the weather - but nevertheless, almost six weeks have been, come and gone in the blink of an eye, or so it seems. My problem is, where have they gone and what have I done with them? According to Murphy's Law (I think) work expands to fit the time allotted to it. In other words, the more time you have and the less things you have to do, the more time they take up. So I have spent the last few weeks pootling along, doing some decorating, the usual household chores, reading (personal and course-related), some gardening (not much) and starting my placement, with the attendant note-writing and supervision and some writing, although not as much as I'd like.
It's been very pleasant. I could get used to this life of leisure - not quite 'ladies who lunch' but close. However, finances dictate otherwise. Until I win the lottery I still need to earn the daily crust so, as from Monday, I return to being a whirling dervish of purposeful activity, new, full time teaching job, counselling course, placement, supervision meetings with all the driving around they all entail. Nothing very new really, but I've got used to this life of leisure - I feel a desert island beckoning...
Oh, and I'll have to start getting up earlier again and not staying up so late.
I'm off to buy a lottery ticket.

1 comment:

JustSue said...

Sigh - Oh to be one of those "ladies who lunch" types.

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...