"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Saturday, June 17, 2006

Time and tide...

Comments heard from Younger Daughter this morning as she glanced over a job application I had left on the dining room table:
"You were at college when???" (As in, "Did they even have college in those days?")
"Ohhh, things have changed a bit since then, Mum."

I think I knew that, thank you!
This will be you one day, Sunshine!

6 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter how old our kids are, they still think we were around before the wheel was invented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was struggling with my homework at the kitchen table when I turned to my father and said, "I hate History, Dad! Did you have to study History when you were a boy?"

    "No," he smiled and tousled my hair. "Nothing had happened yet."

    LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my mom's analogy with age: you're 23 until you're 55, then you're 36...and when you turn 65, you start going backwards. So, using that theory, you're in you're late twenties, or early thirties, whichever you prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Late twenties will be just fine, thanks, Jonathan. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails