"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Saturday, April 22, 2006

We are not amused!

Keith and I were having a nostalgia moment.
"This time last year," I remarked, "we were not far off going to France."
"Hmmm, not much chance of that this year," Keith said sadly.
"Well, I could drive."
I noticed a sharp movement as Keith cowered in his wheelchair, a look of abject terror on his face.
"Ooooh, no," he quavered. "All that road rage!"
"But I could do road rage in French," I suggested persuasively. "I could even do the arm-waving."
Keith cowered even further.
"Maybe you'd like to get yourself to the shop today," I said acidly.

7 comments:

  1. Road rage in French. Too funny! Or, too terrifing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to add, Jenny. Hilarious! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh!
    They do have a bit of a reputation for it there though don't they?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol
    love it

    yeah sorry i'm just some random called Abbi and i'm addicted to the internet... ahem...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Abbi, nice of you to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Road rage in French? Isn't that "Damn thee La Rue." Your turn to groan!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails