"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Thursday, March 30, 2006

Windows and feet

"The doctor from the hospital came into the shop this morning with his laptop," said Keith, but now I have a problem."
"Oh?"
"The problem with his computer was that the Windows operating system needed registering, so that was all I had to do. He said he had rung Microsoft and Hewlett Packard but neither of them could help him."
"So what is the problem, then?" I asked when I had finished laughing.
"Well, can someone who is obviously so inept at the basics of using a computer be trusted with the next operation on my foot?"
"As a computer buff, he's a very good surgeon," I said hopefully.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails