"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Friday, March 10, 2006

Hospital visiting!!!

Having been told last Friday night, after Keith had been safely installed in his hospital bed, that 'visiting is 2-3pm and 7-8pm but we are flexible' I have had varying degrees of success at sneaking in to see him 'out of hours' without being noticed. This afternoon, however, was different. I was accosted by a nurse on my way to Keith's room and told that visiting hours were 2-3 in the afternoon (it was then 4.10pm).
"Yes," I said, "but I am at work then. I have been coming later all week."
"Well, we're tightening up on visiting hours," was the reply. "Did you ring this morning to ask if you could come later?"
"No, I have been coming at this time all week." (Oh and I'm sure there is another reason....Ah yes, work! I can't ring when I am in class!)
"Well, you can have five minutes but I'll have to clear it with the nursing staff."
Five hours in the company of stir crazy 3-5 year olds meant I was running a little short on the patience and forebearance front and I have now reached the age when I am am not impressed with being berated by a 'kid'. I glared at her..........she evidently decided not to push it and retreated.
I stayed half an hour, just to make the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails