Hospital visiting!!!

Having been told last Friday night, after Keith had been safely installed in his hospital bed, that 'visiting is 2-3pm and 7-8pm but we are flexible' I have had varying degrees of success at sneaking in to see him 'out of hours' without being noticed. This afternoon, however, was different. I was accosted by a nurse on my way to Keith's room and told that visiting hours were 2-3 in the afternoon (it was then 4.10pm).
"Yes," I said, "but I am at work then. I have been coming later all week."
"Well, we're tightening up on visiting hours," was the reply. "Did you ring this morning to ask if you could come later?"
"No, I have been coming at this time all week." (Oh and I'm sure there is another reason....Ah yes, work! I can't ring when I am in class!)
"Well, you can have five minutes but I'll have to clear it with the nursing staff."
Five hours in the company of stir crazy 3-5 year olds meant I was running a little short on the patience and forebearance front and I have now reached the age when I am am not impressed with being berated by a 'kid'. I glared at her..........she evidently decided not to push it and retreated.
I stayed half an hour, just to make the point.

No comments:

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...