'Twas the night before Christmas..........

We kept the shop open till three o'clock today and every time we tried to close, someone else wandered in, usually just to wander round, as if they haven't had all year to do that, or to ask us for something we obviously haven't got; or maybe it's not always so obvious. It certainly wasn't obvious to the man who crept up behind me and, standing right in front of the laptops, said, "So how much are these DVD players with screens then?" (I kid you not!) So many people have asked for laminators, shredders etc. that we are planning to have an 'office' section in the new year. At three minutes to three, I had a victim - er, I mean customer in my sights and was getting a long way towards persuading him to buy one of our laptops, but, at the last minute, he decided to leave it till after Christmas. (I'll get him next time!)
Anyway, the Christmas lights are twinkling, the house is warm, tomorrow's turkey is cooking in the oven as I write and Keith and I are deciding which of our Christmas array of wines and spirits we are going to sample first! Feet up, relax and wait for Santa to bring the prezzies! (Actually, he's already brought me an MP3 player.)
Tomorrow, we have something unusual planned.....but you'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out what!

No comments:

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...