"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Friday, October 22, 2004

Shall I or shan't I?

I noticed the item on Blogger dashboard about National Novel Blogging Month. Seems like a very interesting idea and I am very tempted to sign up. But then, I wonder if I would have the time to devote to it. 50,000 words in a month! That's a lot of words! Keith thought it would be easy. He would have no trouble writing 50,000 words, as long as they were 3 letter words. He was quite crestfallen when I explained that, not only could they not only be 3 letter words but they also had to make sense - i.e. be in sentences!
(Oh well, back to the drawing board :0)
So, working full time in the shop, doing my counselling course, which includes homework, ordinary blogging and reading other people's blogs, of course, a few moments each week devoted to housework - would I also have time to write a novel? Decisions, decisions!

Oh, and........do I have anything to write about?


2 comments:

Just Sue said...

I am having the same quandry. Could I write 50,000 words in a month, and still work full time, raise a child, feed the cat...remember to brush my teeth etc. Once that question has been satisfied come the ponderance...what the blazes to write about. If you decide to go forth...good luck!!!

P.S. I blogrolled ya ..hope you don't mind!

Jennyta said...

Great minds....I blogrolled you too. I still haven't decided. Trouble is I already spend far too much time browsing other people's blogs and fiddling with my own! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails