"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Monday, October 18, 2004

Cows



I took this photo yesterday. Part of our route took us through a farmyard and these were some of the farmer's cows. I was intrigued by their facial markings - something akin to pandas wearing sunglasses! The farmer was very friendly and waved to us as he rounded up his sheep with the aid of 2 sheepdogs. I had never seen that before except on television (One man and his dog) years ago. You see what a townie I am!
I might add that, as always, my job was opening and closing the gates we needed to pass through, and, recent weather having been on the wet side, I made sure to wear my wellies - green ones, no less! Upmarket or wot!! (And boy, did they get muddy!)
Great fun was had by all! :)

2 comments:

  1. I grew up in the country and always had a pair of wellies, but mine where black - your posh lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was growing up, I think they only had black ones!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails