Computer whizz kid!

In my other life of teaching, we did a qualification similar to the ECDL but geared to the needs of the classroom. I even have the certificate to prove it! The problem is that when you are not doing something regularly, you inevitably forget how to do it, so Excel remains pretty much a closed book to me these days, although I did have a nodding acquaintance with it at that time.
Today, I was compiling a list of addresses to use for a new mailshot but, of course, I needed to put them on labels for the envelopes. I vaguely remembered doing something similar last year for the children's name labels on their exercise books.
"Nothing to it," I thought. "I should be able to remember how to do that."
After some hours of looking up reference notes, retyping the addresses into Excel from Word, etc. because I'd forgotten that's where they needed to be, I was successful!
It did occur to me that during the time spent completing this little exercise, I could have hand-written the envelopes at least 10 times over! A steep leaning curve! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

High Google and Yahoo link popularity can be yours,

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jennytc, you have a great blog here! Out searching the net for information on obedience dog training I found your site. Although Computer whizz kid! is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page looking for information on obedience dog training and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

Anonymous said...

Hi, there Jennytc, I dropped in to look over this post because I wanted some info on dog clicker training. I have to admit, theres some pretty good info here but I could not find anything about Computer whizz kid! specifically. I was looking for information on dog clicker training. Great blog thanks for the read.

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...