A la recherche........

Wednesday 8th

Many times, Keith and I have agreed that our idea of a holiday was not to lie all day on a beach somewhere. today, we succumbed to temptation and did just that. We had intended driving into the little town nearby called Serignan to have a look at the shops but it was market day and there was absolutely nowhere to park so we headed out of there and on to Valras-Plage, which we had visited very briefly the day before. It has a lovely beach, the Mediterranean, sun - what more can one want? I had had the foresight to bring my swimsuit and Keith his trunks and before we knew where we were, there we were - on the beach sunbathing, in the sea, swimming, generally relaxing and having a great time!
After a couple of hours, we realised what a terrible waste of a day this was and set off to find a shady, riverside spot in which to have our picnic lunch - Baguette, French cheese, fruit......very native! Unfortunately, we then found ourselves succumbing to temptation once again, this time at another little beach just outside Serignan itself. I spent more time sunbathing this time as the waves were a bit rough and Keith had the temerity to splash me (I love swimming as long as I don't have to get my face wet!) He, on the other hand, amused himself snorkelling and
stayed in the water for ages. As I write this, he is out for the count, snoring gently, exhausted with all the physical exertion. Men! They just can't hack it, can they? :)

P.S. Have spent the whole evening trying to post this! Blogger seems to have been most unco-operative this evening!

2 comments:

gemmak said...

Ooooooo...what a lovely day, perfect. I'm not one for lying on a beach much either but your description of your day could tempt me next time I have the opportunity :o) French bread, cheese and fruit....more heaven!

Blogger has been knackered all day, taken me 14 hours to get a post published today......only intermittent attempts I might add, not a 14 hours solid stint! hehe

Hope your hols continue to be so good.

Dale said...

La plage. Le mer. Le saible. Et le beau soleil. Vous avez de la chance, mes amis! Je suis si jaloux!!

Soyez sage, vous deux! Salut!!

And yes, Blogger was indeed "knackered" all day.

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...