"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Monday, August 02, 2004

Harry Potter

I wanted to go and see the new Harry Potter film. Keith isn't interested in Harry Potter. When I looked on the internet to find out when it is on at the one and only cinema near us, I discovered that it is only on once a day, in the morning and only until this Thursday. Keith tried hard to hide his delight but he didn't quite manage it!
"Oh, what a shame!" he tittered.
"If you wanted to go and see a film, I would be quite happy to go with you," I pointed out, reasonably. "Think of all the 'Scrapheap Challenges' I've sat through on television without a word of complaint," I continued, still very reasonably.
"You didn't need any words of complaint," he replied, "The body language said it all." How unreasonable can men be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails