C.P.U. Direct Computers Ltd

I am really enjoying working in Keith's computer shop (Link to website will follow when we have eventually got it back up and running.) I'm slowly getting better at the 'product knowledge' and where things are but there is so much to learn and the old memory isn't so efficient in one's more 'mature' years. (And no cracks about age, please!!!). I came across a tricky problem yesterday when an order came in and I was unpacking it, checking it off and .......pricing the items with one of those neat little pricing guns. The problem was that the roll of tickets had run out and it needed a new one. Well, that wasn't the real problem, the real problem was putting on the new roll. Or at least, the REAL problem was that I didn't know how to do it. Well, there isn't a huge demand for expertise in pricing gun usage in primary school. No, on second thoughts, the REAL problem was that no-one else in the shop knew how to reload it either. The price-gun-expert had left some weeks ago and apparently taken his expert knowledge in the art of managing price guns with him. Actually, the REAL, REAL problem was that neither of my (male) companions at the time were willing to ask someone who DID know - i.e. the nice people in the shop next door. So off I went next door for a quick lesson and I now have my certificate in price-gun-loading! Easy when you know how!!

2 comments:

M.P. said...

Hi.. Don't ask me how I got here.. LOL:.. Just browsing to find other blogs that might interest me... Liked reading you...

gemmak said...

Tell Keith that to get EPOS to save you the trouble! ....after all it would save him all the stock level hassles too!! Hehe.

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...