"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Anyone for gardening?


I'm down in Bristol for a few days and I've just had a fascinating phone conversation with Keith:
Keith: Do you want the good news or the bad?
Me: (heart sinking) Better have the bad first I suppose.
Keith: I've put it away.
Me: Put what away?
Keith: The lawnmower.
Me: Oh good, so you've done the lawn then?
Keith: No, I got it out and put it away.
Me: So you didn't do anything in between, then?
Keith: (in a tone of incredulity) No, I couldn't be 'bothered', but I did put it away.
The conversation continued in similar vein while I established beyond all shadow of doubt that he had indeed got out the lawnmower, looked at it and then put it back in the shed - sorry, 'summer house'! Remind yourself of the time he did mow the lawn.  
So when I get back on Friday, I shall
a) Have to send out a search party for Lucy when she ventures out into the garden.
b) Mow the lawn.
Good exercise, I suppose! 

 

3 comments:

gemmak said...

MEN!!!!........pah...a hopeless breed! lol.

Jennyta said...

Yeeeees but would we want to be without them??:)

gemmak said...

Ummmmm.............errrrr................ :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails