Anyone for gardening?


I'm down in Bristol for a few days and I've just had a fascinating phone conversation with Keith:
Keith: Do you want the good news or the bad?
Me: (heart sinking) Better have the bad first I suppose.
Keith: I've put it away.
Me: Put what away?
Keith: The lawnmower.
Me: Oh good, so you've done the lawn then?
Keith: No, I got it out and put it away.
Me: So you didn't do anything in between, then?
Keith: (in a tone of incredulity) No, I couldn't be 'bothered', but I did put it away.
The conversation continued in similar vein while I established beyond all shadow of doubt that he had indeed got out the lawnmower, looked at it and then put it back in the shed - sorry, 'summer house'! Remind yourself of the time he did mow the lawn.  
So when I get back on Friday, I shall
a) Have to send out a search party for Lucy when she ventures out into the garden.
b) Mow the lawn.
Good exercise, I suppose! 

 

3 comments:

gemmak said...

MEN!!!!........pah...a hopeless breed! lol.

Jennytc said...

Yeeeees but would we want to be without them??:)

gemmak said...

Ummmmm.............errrrr................ :o)

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...